At LemonConcentrate we try to regularly increase our portfolio in order to satisfy our clients needs. One of our last creations is the Cantaloupe melon concentrate. This concentrate is made using the latest technology from our own facilities and can be used to elaborate a large range of different products in the food and beverage sector.
Cantaloupe melon concentrate: How it is made
This variety of melon needs a special treatment in terms of natural conditions to grow up properly: warm weather and a relatively long growing period. They sometimes need to be indoors for about 14 days before being moved outside. Cantaloupe melon is a little smaller than other varieties of melon and the size varies from 500g to 5kg. The colour is orange-fleshed and the flavour is very intense.
The concentration of the cantaloupe melon is made by mechanical processes to remove the natural content of water from the fruit to obtain a concentrate juice which is smaller in volume. The concentrate can thus be reconstructed with water, or be used to elaborate a new final product. LemonConcentrate’s facilities are located near the raw materials which reduces the time between the collecting and the processing of the fruit and therefore, allows to maintain all the properties.
For the packaging, the cantaloupe melon concentrate can be aseptic or frozen, depending on the final use given, and the preferences of the client.
Cantaloupe melon concentrate: Uses
The Cantaloupe melon concentrate has many different uses, the main ones given by our clients are:
- Natural juice: you can obtain a cantaloupe melon juice by the dilution of the concentrate in water. The result is a natural juice full of properties, ready to drink.
- Sweets: Cantaloupe melon concentrate can also be used to elaborate all kind of tasty sweets.
- Drinks / Refreshments: Any kind of refreshment needs a tasty concentrate to maintain all the flavour of the fruit. With the cantaloupe melon concentrate you can elaborate an original cantaloupe melon soda.
- Ice cream: If you want to make a cantaloupe melon ice cream you will need a high quality concentrate, which will give your product an intense flavour.
- Dairy products: Smoothies, yogurts, or any kind of dairy products can be made with a concentrate of theses characteristics.
Cantaloupe melon is one of the healthiest fruits. It has a large list of properties, among which:
- Low in calories. Cantaloupe melon is 89% water, and it is recommended for a diet.
- Source of Vitamin A. This vitamin is benefitial for the eyes health.
- Electrolyte and potassium content. 100g of this fruit provides 267 mg of electrolyte. Potassium is a component of cell and body fluids and helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Source of vitamin C and antioxidants. Antioxidants help the organism to fight against bacteries, increasing the natural defenses, while vitamin C prevents cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Benefits and tips
Apart from all the properties, this fruit has lots of health benefits. We will give you some tips that you can apply yourself very easily:
- Combats Hair Loss: cantaloupe melon has high content of vitamin B, which at the same time contains inositol. This organic compound prevents hair loss and promotes its growth.
- Hair conditioner: If you have damaged hair, Cantaloupe can be a perfect hair repairing. All you need to do is mash a cup of cantaloupe and massage your hair after shampooing. To finish, wash off after 10 minutes.
- Cures toothache: Cantaloupe skin is effective in curing toothache. Take a little amount of cantaloupe skin (about 6g), add water and simmer until is cooked. When it cools, strain and use it as a mouth rinse.
Orange products are one of LemonConcentrate’s specialities due to the high quality of the oranges we use. We have a large list of products obtained from the processing of our oranges such as: Orange essential oil; orange concentrate; orange cells; orange comminuted or orange juice NFC.
Orange products: How it is made
- Orange essential oil: for the elaboration of our essential oil we use different kind of Spanish oranges resulting of Citrus cinensis. The 100% natural result is due to the use of a mechanical process and a coldpressed method. In addition, we don’t do any thermal treatments in order to maintain the freshness.
- Orange concentrate: We elaborate two types of orange concentrates. The first one is the orange concentrate 65ºbrix and the second one is the orange juice concentrate Clear. Both of them are made with the oranges coming from Valencia, wich are known to be one the highest quality ones in the world. The process is very simple in order to maintain all the properties of the fruit. From the best fresh juice we obtain the best juice concentrate. Also, for each concentrate we can use different quantities of cells and pulp, depending on our client’s needs.
- Orange cells: This product is 100% natural and it is obtained by separating the orange pulp from the freshly squeezed juice of ripe fruit. The oranges used to make this product come from the area near the Mediterranean sea where the weather helps to obtain the best quality of the fruit: warm during the day and cold at night. Once the product obtained, it is pasteurized and frozen in order to keep all the properties.
- Orange comminuted: Citrus fruit grown up near the Mediterranean sea maintain all the flavour due to the positive weather conditions. That’s why Lemon Concentrate uses the oranges of that area to obtain as much tasty products as possible. This orange comminuted or orange puree concentrated is made with the whole fresh orange which contains: the flavedo (contains the citrus essential oil), albedo (contains the citrus fiber) and encocarp (contains citrus juice, cells and core). Afterwards, these different parts of the fruit are processed and concentrated. The packing can vary and depends on the clients’ demand.
- Orange juice NFC: The process to obtain the juice NFC is very simple: we separate the juice from the pulp, peel and seeds. The result is then pasteurized or frozen, depending on the needs of our client. Our main priority is always to maintain all the properties of the fruit.
Orange products: Uses
- Orange essential oil: essential oil keeps the intense flavour of the fruit which is useful to add to your recipes to make your food more tasty.
- Orange concentrate: Orange concentrates are mainly used to create natural juices or any fruit drinks and for beverage.
- Orange cells: The cells contain the most beneficial part of the orange which makes it ideal to use it for the elaboration of high flavoured food or natural fruit drinks and beverage.
- Orange comminuted: This product is used for the elaboration of fruit drinks and beverage for its high quality.
- Orange juice NFC: Our juices are 100% natural which means it doesn’t have any extra processing. It keeps all the properties of the fruit which makes it a very healthy product.
- Orange peel has cholesterol lowing properties thank to its hesperidin contain, a flavonoid that helps to reduce it.
- Also, citrus fruit contain the phytonutrient called limonene in their peels, which has anticarcinogen properties. The limonene increases the antioxidant levels of your body wich reduces the ability of cancer cells to grow.
- Orange also contains pectin which can reduce an excess of appetite and thus, the possibility of gaining weight.
This fruit can help you to regulate your gastrointestinal tract, which reduces possible digestive problems such as indigestion or stomachaches.
- It also has a high content of vitamin C which helps your immune system to stay healthy. It increases the collagen of your body which is good for the skin, blood vessels or cartilage.
- Vitamine C is not the only vitamin that you can find in the orange but also: A and B1, among others. Vitamin A promotes bones growth and helps vision while vitamin B1 maintains the health of cardiovascular or nervous system.
Benefits and tips:
- As you might know, oranges have an intense smell and freshness. If you boil dried orange peels, cinnamon and cardamom in water, you will obtain a perfect air freshener.
- Due to its intense acidity, orange can also be a mosquito repellent. Apply some orange peel before leaving the house to prevent mosquito bites.
- Orange peels can be used to get rid of dandruff. If you mix some grinded orange with water and leave it the whole night. Apply it to your hair 3 times a week.
- Ants don’t like limonene either. If you have an infestation, blend a few orange peels with some water and place the mixture around the house.
Lemonconcentrate specializes in orange, clementine and lemon products. Among our wares related to lemon fruit you will find essential oils, lemon pulp cells, juices, dairy products, purees and concentrates. Our lemons are cultivated in the Mediterranean region, one of the best areas in the world, and close to our facilities to reduce the time between the collection and the processing of the fruit.
Lemon products: How it is made
- Lemon oil: we get our lemon oil by a cold pressed method obtained through a mechananical process with no thermal treatment. We first scrape the surface of the fruit, we then separate the water phase from the oil phase by a centrifugation, and finally we decant and filter it.
- Lemon concentrate: we have 3 different types of this product: Lemon Concentrate 400GPL Cloudy; Lemon Concentrate 400 GPL Clear and Lemon Concentrate 500 GPL clear. The lemons used for the first type of concentrate are cultivated in the Mediterranean region while the two others are cultivated close to Lemonconcentrate’s facilities. We try to make our concentrates as natural as possible. That’s why, the elaboration process becomes quite simple -squeezing the fruit- in order to mantain all the properties and not to loose anything on the way.
- Lemon cells: our lemon cells come from different Spanish varities of Citrus lemon Burm. We obtain those cells by separating the lemon pulp from the freshly squeezed juice of naturally matured lemon, with a 100% natural result. Afterwards, the product is pasteurized and frozen to mantain all its properties. The lemons we use for this purpose come from the Mediterranean region.
- Lemon comminuted: the lemon comminuted refers to lemon puree concentrated from the whole fruits of different varities of Citrus lemon. It is made of the flavedo (contains the citrus essential oil), albedo (contains the citrus fiber) and endocarp (contains the citrus juice, cells and core) parts of the fresh fruit, processed and concentrate.
- Lemon juice NFC: for the elaboration of the lemon juice we first squeeze the fruit, then immediately processan d pasteurize by flash heating. We never remove the water content of the juice as we don’t want to obtain a concentrate this time. There is no water, sugar or preservatives added, we just mantain the natural content of the juice. A distinctive feature of the juice NFC is that it can be stored, freezed or chilled for at least one year.
Lemon products: Uses
- Lemon oil: essential oil can be used to add taste to your food products as well as to make air fresheners thank to its both flavour and freshness.
- Lemon concentrate: it can be used for the elaboration of a large list of products such as lemon juice, sweets, jams, soft drinks, ice creams, etc.
- Lemon cells: these cells can be used to elaborate high quality beverage products.
- Lemon comminuted: it is mainly used to obtain fruit drinks and beverage.
- Lemon juice NFC: Lemonconcentrate’s juices are 100% natural which means can be consumed without passing any other process.
Lemon products has been used for therapeutic purposes for years due to its positive properties:
- It has very high levels of vitamine C which is recommended for bones health or skin care.
- It increases the defenses of the inmune system.
- It also contains soluble fiber which helps to regulate the levels of bad cholesterol.
- The acid content of this fruit helps to fix calcium in bones as well as to eliminate fat deposit of your body.
- It is also diuretic due to its caffeine content.
Benefits and tips
- If you mix a glass of water with some drops of lemon oil you will obtain a delicious drink which can low your anxiety levels.
- Lemon concentrate keeps all the properties of the lemon as well as its whole flavour which means you can make all your food more tasty and healthy at the same time.
- As we already mentioned, lemons have very high levels of acid which can help you to eliminate all the bacteries of your organism. You can rinse your mouth with some lemon juice after every meal to keep your mouth and teeth healthy.
- Lemon juice can be a supply of vitamins and minerals and has also the power to clean the toxins of your body. Drinking a small glass of lemon juice every morning is highly recommended to increase your levels of vitamines and minerals.